You can find me on:

Image Map

sobota, 14 lutego 2015

Not lightly

Original post: >>here<<.


Learning crocheting alongside the active almost 18 months old baby is no small challenge. As soon as mother secretly trying to snatch a moment for yourself and getting a crochet hook - suddenly a child appears in front of mother (magic?). Worse if child do not appear, it's best to immediately put down the crochet hook and go on a scouting.

When the baby is awake - Silence is the enemy.

Finally, there is no much difference whether the child will appear with himself, or rather, you will need to help him in this - about crochet, you can only dream of. Definitely PoTomek* practicing creativity and ingenuity mother-craftswoman. You have to stretch and bend well to ensure your child's safety, to find the right job at the same time wave a a few stitches. More ambitious plans have to wait for a moment free.

This is not a piece of cake.

This moment (moment-free) for the mother-craftswoman is child`s nap. While one hand mixed dinner, and the other hanging the laundry - you can easily learn something new. Recently, for example, I was learning "How to bring off the burnt dinner". I think I'm doing pretty well - husband does not complain.  


Naps have a serious drawback. Each is like a lottery - you never know if it will take 30 minutes or 3 hours. Mother-craftswoman tries to, so at this time cram all of the activities that can not be done with the active PoTomek. And after a while Mother-craftswoman have thought that something is off, is too quiet, too quiet, and all she want is to get back to the fun - build a tower and throwing the ball.

I'll tell you a secret: I like moments, when I reach the crochet hook and my child suddenly climbs on my knees -  he is curious about what mother does.  I like that our little game in sneaking and continuously play on who will tricked whom this time (last on top of the game is "I'll take this yarn").


Through the eyes of my imagination I can see how in a few years my son will try to create something - not necessarily from wool, although I will be happy to share. I would like to seed at him the belief that it is worthwhile to have your own passion, develop imagination and get to know himself.

"Everyone has a craze, everyone has a hobby!"

And I have a desire to help my son to discover what he is crazy about.

But something tells me that the world my son will be twisted around the ball.





* Here we have a little play on words. In Poland "Potomek" means "descendant", but my husband's name is Tomasz (Thomas), in short Tomek. Our son is next in line, that is why I write "PoTomek" (next after  Tomek). Here "PoTomek" is nickname for my son.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz